Malaki ang pagkakaiba ng mayayaman sa mahihirap. One of the differences is: the poor self-image. Proverbs 23:7 says that as a man thinks, so is he. Minsan mababa ang tingin natin sa ating sarili.
I remember Gideon in the book of Judges: “The angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the LORD is with you!” Then Gideon said to him, “O my lord, if the LORD is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, ‘Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt?’ But now the LORD has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.” The LORD looked at him and said, “Go in this your strength and deliver Israel from the hand of Midian. Have I not sent you?” 15He said to Him, “O Lord, how shall I deliver Israel? Behold, my family is the least in Manasseh, and I am the youngest in my father’s house.”…Judges 6:12-14
I read the book of Scott Anderson of “Think like a Billionaire” where he said that Billionaires think differently about:
1. Money – we look for ways to spend money. Billionaires look for ways to invest money. The story of Bruno and Pedro.
She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:18 “She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night.” Proverbs 31:24 She makes linen garments and sells them; she delivers sashes to the merchant.
2. Investing. We invest a little. Billionaires realize investing is the key to abundance.
2 Corinthians 9:6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
3. Jobs – We think a job will make us wealthy. Billionaires know a job will never make them wealthy; investments will.
Psalm 90:17 “May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands.”
4. Risks. We stay away from risks because we might fail. Billionaires know that if they do not take risks, they have already failed.
He who observes the wind will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap. As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything. In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.
5. Problems – We try to avoid problems. Billionaires see problems as opportunities to make millions.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
6. Preparation – We prepare for today. Billionaires prepare today for opportunities of tomorrow.
Proverbs 24:27 Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house.
7. Time – We waste time. Billionaires see time as their most valuable asset.
Ephesians 5:16 “Making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.”
Leave a Reply