What happens to your dependants if you change jobs on a Tier 2 / Skilled Worker Visa?

If your dependent family members are presently in the United Kingdom with you, you can rest assured that they will be able to remain under the terms of their current dependent visa while you complete the necessary steps to change your job or employer. If your application is accepted, they will be permitted to remain in the United Kingdom with you.

If you are denied permission to change jobs or employers and decide to leave the United Kingdom, your family members will lose the right to remain in the country on their dependent visa. This is due to the fact that the dependent family visa is only granted if the primary visa holder maintains their Skilled Worker visa status. If you are unsure of your rights and those of your family members who are in the United Kingdom with you, it is imperative that you speak with an immigration attorney who can explain these to you and ensure that your right to remain is protected.

Instruct me?

If you want to instruct me, please email donm@queensparksolicitors.co.uk or queensparksolicitors@gmail.com or call us on 0203 643 7508 / 07446 888 377. My name is Atty Magsino of Queen’s Park Solicitors. I am a UK qualified lawyer and solicitor.

Leave a Reply