The UK Immigration Rules changed heavily on 6th of April 2012 (“the relevant date”) where it basically stated that Overseas Domestic Workers (ODW) who entered the UK after the relevant date above, will no longer be allowed to renew their visas or stay beyond 6 months stay in the UK, especially kung yung employer (usually foreign employer and not British) umuwi na sa bansa nila. So, sa madaling salita, kung si employer ay umuwi na sa Dubai after 1 month stay sa UK, dapat si ODW ay umalis na din sa UK.
This article is for those people who wanted to renew their visas in the UK as a domestic worker in a private household; and that they have arrived the UK on or before 6th of April 2012. Hindi ito para sa mga dumating after that relevant date.
Depending on circumstances, documents you must provide may include these documents:
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- proof you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
- a completed ‘Appendix domestic worker statement’ signed by both you and your employer
- a letter from your employer confirming your job title, how long you’ve worked for them and that you’re a permanent employee
- You’ll need to have a blank page in your passport on which to put the visa.
You must also provide 1 of the following documents covering the same period of employment:
- pay slips or bank statements showing payment of salary
- confirmation of tax paid
- confirmation of health insurance paid
- contract of employment
- work visa, residence permit or equivalent passport endorsement for the country where you’re currently employed by your employer
- visas or equivalent passport endorsement if you’ve travelled with your employer before
- You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
The Home Office Caseworker may ask for more documents in support of your application.
Do you want to instruct me? Please send me a brief explanation of your case or send any relevant document to my email: email@example.com and let me see if I can help you or not. We offer a telephone consultation for only £70 for 30 minutes or £120 for 60 minutes.
We are Queen’s Park Solicitors. I am a lawyer based in London, UK. My name is Atty. Lindoven Magsino, BSc, MBA, GDL, LLM, Ph.D. (candidate). We are based at Suite 4, Stewart House, 56 Longbridge Road, Barking, Essex IG11 8RT, United Kingdom | Telephone: 02036437508 | Mobile: 07446888377 | Fax: 02033931725 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) 566513. Visit us at http://www.queensparksolicitors.co.uk.