Can I Drive In UK While On My Philippines International Driving License?

You can drive in Great Britain for 12 months if you’ve got a non-European Union (EU) driving licence or international driving permit

If your driving licence is from a ‘designated country’ you can then apply to exchange it for a GB licence up to 5 years after becoming a GB resident.

If you don’t have a driving licence yet, or your licence is from a ‘non-designated country’, you’ll first need to apply for a provisional GB licence. You can then take a driving test and apply for a full licence once you’ve been in Great Britain for at least 6 months.

The ‘designated countries’ are: Andorra, Australia, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Zimbabwe.

Categories: Home, Trivia, Uncategorized

Leave a Reply