How To Apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR) For Work Permit Holders or Tier 2 Migrants?


Maraming mga Filipinos na ang qualified for Permanent Settlement also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after few years.

An application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) can be submitted to the Home Office, UKBA on completion of five years under the Tier 2 General Category (with combination of Work Permit category). The applicant has to show that he has been working throughout the period of his work permit / Tier 2 General for the employer who sponsored his stay in the UK. The applicant should also a get a letter from the employer who sponsored his stay in the UK confirming that the applicant has been working for him/her and further that the applicant is still needed for the job for which he was sponsored to stay in the UK. The application Form SET (O) is used to submit the application.

I explained whether and how you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you are here under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system. Details of these requirements are set out in Part 6A of the Immigration Rules (paragraph 245HF).

You must meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time when you apply for settlement. If you are considering applying for settlement in the future, you should note that the Immigration Rules are subject to change.

Current requirements for settlement

At present, you cannot apply for settlement until you have been in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years in an eligible immigration category.

Categories: Uncategorized

Leave a Reply