What are the requirements for a Health and Care Worker visa?

The following requirements must be satisfied by those applying for a Health and Care visa under the route for skilled workers:

  • Possess a current Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a UK-registered sponsor Possess an offer of employment that satisfies the necessary wage threshold
  • In some circumstances, to have enough personal savings to support yourself once you arrive in the UK.
  • possess a solid command of the English language
  • Be able to demonstrate your ability to travel and to provide a history of your travels over the last five years.
  • if you are from one of the countries on the list, have valid tuberculosis test results.
  • If you will be working with vulnerable people as a healthcare professional, you must be able to submit a criminal record certificate from any nation where you have lived for 12 months or more during the last 10 years.

You must fulfil the wage criterion, which is to be either higher than the minimum salary threshold or the suitable rate for the job you have been offered, whichever is higher, as part of the eligibility requirements.

Some applicants will also need to provide proof that they can sustain themselves financially. You must demonstrate that you had £1,270 in your bank account for at least 28 days in a row if you are applying from outside the country. Within 31 days of the date you apply for your visa, day 28 must have passed. If you are applying from within the UK and have held a valid visa for at least 12 months, you will be excluded from this financial criterion. You will also be exempt if your company will cover your fees for the first month you are in the country.

Your future company will be accountable for informing you that you are qualified for the Health and Care Worker visa as a potential employee. You can appropriately fill out the visa application form if you do this. Your employer will also need to offer a brief explanation in the remark box of the CoS laying out how you will meet the eligible visa role criterion in your new position.

As additional evidence of your eligibility for a Health and Care Worker visa, you will also need to provide an explanation of the contractual arrangements with the NHS if your UK sponsor is a private company that delivers healthcare services on the NHS’s behalf. Documentary support may also be required.

Want to instruct me?

If you want to instruct me, please email donm@queensparksolicitors.co.uk or queensparksolicitors@gmail.com or call us on 0203 643 7508 / 07446 888 377. My name is Atty Magsino of Queen’s Park Solicitors. I am a UK qualified lawyer and solicitor.

Leave a Reply