Can I switch from Graduate Route into the Skilled Worker Route?

The Graduate route allows international graduates to work or look for job in the UK for two years, or three years for doctorate students.

Graduates can apply for the unsponsored route without a job offer. You can swap occupations and advance your career in the UK.

Is the Skilled Worker route available?
If you meet the conditions, you can transition from the Graduate route to the Skilled Worker route and work for an approved firm in the UK. It’s for five years and contributes to settlement rights, so you can seek to live permanently in the UK. Graduates have no settlement rights.

To be eligible for the Skilled Worker route, you must demonstrate:

  • you have a job offer from a Home Office-licensed sponsor at the required skill level
  • you will be paid the relevant minimum salary threshold by your sponsor (normally £25,600 or the going rate for that particular job, whichever is higher)
  • you can speak English at the intermediate level at B1 (on the Common European Framework of Reference for languages).

Categories: Home

Leave a Reply