It is always said that tongue is the smallest part of our body, but it is known for its cunning ability to destroy people’s lives, relationships and integrities. It is compared to a spark that can lit up a fire burn the whole forest. Inihalintulad din ito sa isang ‘timon’ na kayang ibaling ang malaking barko saan man nito ibigin.
The tongue has no bone but it is enough to break your heart. Be careful with your words.
Napaka makapangyarihan ng dila na kaya nitong pumatay at bumuhay. In Proverbs 18:21 “The tongue has the power of life and death…” Hindi na mabilang gaano karaming mga buhay, samahan, reputasyon at relasyon ang sinira ng katha at pinagtagpi-tagping mga usap ng mga makakating dila. But the Bible is clear: “For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Do not open your mouth when these happens:
1. Sobrang galit. Do not be eager in your heart to be angry, For anger resides in the bosom of fools.Ecclesiastes 7:9 Kung galit na galit ka, mas maganda na wag mo ng ibuka ang bibig mo kung alam mong makakalampas ka ng salita. Shut your mouth up in the heat of anger.
2. Kapag kulang ang facts na alam mo. The one who gives an answer before he listens– this is foolishness and disgrace for him. Proverbs 18:13 Kung di ka rin lang naman sigurado sa facts or information na hawak mo, never respond as it may lead you to an error of judgment and instead of making things better, you made it worse! Shut your mouth up when you don’t have all the facts.
3. Kung hindi mo pa sigurado ang katotohanan ng balita o istorya. Based on the testimony of two or three witnesses, they must surely die. But they are not to die based on the testimony of one person. Deuteronomy 17:6 Wag kaagad maniwala dahil lang narinig mo sa iisang tao ang balita. Kelangan sigurado ka na ang impormasyon ay tiyak, baka nagkamali ka lang ng pinakinggan or may hidden agenda pala yong tao nakausap mo. Wrong things happen when you believe a wrong person. Shut your mouth up when you have not verified the story.
4. Kung ang iyong sasabihin ay makakasakit ng damdamin ng ibang tao. But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.1 Corinthians 8:9 Tongue is said to be a double-edged sword, matalas at maanghang na salita na alam mong makakatalisod sa pananampalataya ng isang kapatid, keep your mouth shut. No foul language is to come from your mouth, but only what is good for building up someone in need, so that it gives grace to those who hear.Ephesians 4:29 Lalo na kung ang sasabihin mo ay hindi naman makakapag encourage and not being asked for, shut it when you know your words can offend a weaker brother.
5. Kung ang iyong salita ay makakasira sa pangalan ng Diyos or ng iyong pamilya o kaibigan. For you were called to this, because Christ also suffered for you,
leaving you an example, so that you should follow in His steps. 22 He did not commit sin, and no deceit was found in His mouth; 23 when He was reviled, He did not revile in return; when He was suffering, He did not threaten but entrusted Himself to the One who judges justly. 1 Peter 2:21-23 Lagi mong iingatan ang dangal at puri ng pangalan ng Lord at ganoon din ng mga taong konektado sa iyo na baka sa iyong mga salita ay madungisan ang kanilang reputasyon at imahe. Kung alam mong ikasisira ito ng mga mahal mo sa Buhay, don’t be the one to ‘spill the beans’. Keep your mouth shut.
6. Kung ikaw ay natutuksong magbiro tungkol sa gawaing masama at mali. Stubborn fools make fun of guilt, but there is forgiveness among decent people. Proverbs 14:9 Madalas na ginagawang biro ang mga bagay na masama kaya parang nago glorify pa tuloy. Hindi ito ginagawang biro, bagkus ay dapat ituwid at itama. Shut your mouth when you are tempter to joke or make fun about sin.
7. Kung alam mong mapapahiya ka sa bandang huli sa mag bagay na nasabi mo. Once the words are spoken, it cannot be taken back. All the words of my mouth are righteous; none of them are deceptive or perverse. Proverbs 8:8 For nothing is concealed that won’t be revealed, and nothing hidden that won’t be made known and come to light Luke 8:17 Baka pagsisihan mo ang mga bagay na nabitawan mo, kahiya-hiya lamang ang daranasin mo, kaya minsan mas maganda na shut up our mouth if we know you would be ashamed of your words later.
Jane Casey — ‘There are two things that cannot be taken back– the sped arrow and the spoken word.’
8. Kung ang iyong mga salita ay maghahatid ng maling impressions. He who has knowledge restrains and is careful with his words, And a man of understanding and wisdom has a cool spirit (self-control, an even temper). Proverbs 17:27 AMP Mas maganda na ang iyong mga salita ay maingat baka you may be sending a wrong message to the recipient at baka mag create ng wrong impressions. Kaya dapat daw ay may ‘restraint’ and careful sa mga words.
A married woman sent a text message to married man: “May pasalubong ako sa iyo?” The man misinterpreted the words because the woman sent a wrong impression; they ended up having an affair.
9. Kung wala namang kinalaman ang isang isyu sa iyo, iwasan ibuka ang bibig. There is a new word now in social media: MYOB. Mind your own business. If an issue does not relate to you, do not talk about it because it would be a gossip. The heart knows its own bitterness, and no stranger shares its joy. –Proverbs 14:10 Kung mali man ang nagawa nila, don’t laugh at them, don’t talk about them, but rather pray for them and also ask God to give you strength when the same troubles come your way.
10. Kapag inuutusan kang magsinungaling. Don’t let your mouth speak dishonestly, and don’t let your lips talk deviously. -Proverbs 4:24. Better keep your mouth shut when you are tempted to lie.
11. Kung makakasira ng reputasyon ng iba. A worthless man digs up evil, and his speech is like a scorching fire. –Proverbs 16:27 Ok naman magsabi ng opinyon pero kung eto ay walang basehan o hango lamang sa kwento ng iba, iwasan ibuka ang bibig na makakasira ng reputasyon ng iba lalo na kung ang pagsasalita mo ay para lamang makaganti. God knows what is happening. Sabi ng Lord” The battle is mine, the victory is yours.” Come to me and I will give you rest. Shut up your mouth when your words will destroy the reputation of others.
12. When you are feeling critical. Kung magsasalita ka lang naman ng paninira, wag mo ng ibuka ang bibig mo. James 3:9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness.
13. Kung alam mong mapapahiya ka lang sa bandang huli. Proverbs 18:21 Life and death are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
14. When you are supposed to be working instead. Proverbs 14:23 Sa lahat ng gawain ay may pakinabang: nguni’t ang tabil ng mga labi ay naghahatid sa karalitaan.
Sinomang nagiingat ng kaniyang bibig at kaniyang dila nagiingat ng kaniyang kaluluwa mula sa mga kabagabagan Proverbs 21:23