Entry Requirements to the Philippines from 3 November 2022

According to the UK Government website where I took this information from, the Philippines’ Government Resolution 168 explains the detailed entry rules in response to COVID-19 for people travelling to the Philippines.

You may be asked to take part in screening checks when arriving into the Philippines. This is to assist the Philippines Government in the detection of monkeypox. Suspected cases may then referred for hospitalisation and testing.

If you’re fully vaccinated

If you are fully vaccinated, you can enter the Philippines provided you:

  • have acceptable proof of vaccination;
  • have valid tickets for your return journey to the port of origin or next port of destination not later than thirty (30) days from the date of your arrival in the Philippines;
  • your passport is valid for at least 6 months; and
  • have registered for an electronic ARRIVAL CARD (eARRIVAL) up to 72 hours prior to your arrival;
  • present either a negative RT-PCR test taken within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the date and time of departure from the country of origin/first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines; or a negative laboratory based Antigen Test taken within twenty-four (24) hours. See information on getting a test before entry. However, you are exempted from the requirement to provide a test result should one of the following apply:
  • you are aged 18 and over and have completed a primary course of COVID-19 vaccination and received at least one booster shot;
  • you are aged 12-17 and are fully vaccinated; or
  • you are aged below 12 and are accompanied by a parent or guardian who meets the exemption requirement;

The requirement to hold a return onward ticket is waived if you are a spouse and/or child of a Filipino citizen or a former Filipino citizen with balikbayan privileges.

You are considered fully vaccinated if you received the second dose in a 2-dose series or a single dose vaccine more than fourteen (14) days prior to the date and time of departure from your country of origin. Your vaccine must either appear on the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) List or Compassionate Special Permit (CSP) issued by the Philippine Food and Drug Administration or have received Emergency Use Listing by the World Health Organization.

Once you arrive in the Philippines you are no longer required to observe facility based quarantine but must self-monitor for any COVID-19 symptoms for 7 days from your arrival. You are required to report to the local government unit (LGU) of your destination if you develop any symptoms.

Proof of vaccination status

The Philippines will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination record and proof of COVID-19 vaccination issued in the Crown Dependencies. Your final vaccine dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to travel. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Acceptable proof of vaccination are:

If you are arriving in the Philippines using the visa free entry scheme you will be denied entry into the country and will be subject to exclusion proceedings if you do not meet all of the entry requirements.

If you are arriving in the Philippines with another type of visa and are fully vaccinated, but are unable to provide acceptable proof of vaccination, you will be required to undergo facility-based quarantine until the release of a negative RT-PCR test taken on the 5th day. You will then be required to undergo home quarantine until the 14th day after your arrival.

If you’re not fully vaccinated

Foreign nationals who are not fully vaccinated are not able to enter the Philippines.

Residents of Philippines

See the guidance for ‘If you’re fully vaccinated’ above.

If you’ve had COVID-19 in the past year

There is no specific requirements for travellers who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past year.

Children and young people

Children travelling with their fully vaccinated foreign parent/s must meet the full entry requirements for vaccinated travellers, with the following 2 exceptions:

  • children below twelve years of age traveling with their fully vaccinated foreign parent/s are exempt from the requirement to be fully vaccinated;
  • children aged three and under are exempt from the requirement to obtain a negative RT-PCR test prior to travel

A foreign national child below twelve years of age who is not vaccinated for any reason and is traveling with their Filipino parent, must follow the entry, testing, and quarantine protocols of their Filipino parent traveling with them.

A foreign child from ages twelve to seventeen traveling with their Filipino parent must follow the entry rules based on their vaccination status. If the child is not vaccinated, their parents must accompany the child during their facility-based quarantine.

If you’re transiting through the Philippines

International transit journeys are allowed, including for journeys that require you to clear immigration in the Philippines (for example to transfer to a different airline, to collect your bags, or to change terminals) provided you meet the entry requirements set out in Philippines’ Government Resolution 168.


There are no exemptions to the Philippines entry requirements.

Check your passport and travel documents before you travel

Passport validity

Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry to the Philippines.


UK passport holders are permitted to enter the Philippines visa free for an initial period of 30 days. Consult the Philippine Embassy before you travel.

You can apply to extend your stay at the offices of the Bureau of Immigration. Overstaying without the proper authority is a serious matter and can lead to detention pending payment of outstanding fees and fines and voluntary deportation at your own expense. The British Embassy is aware of cases where visitors trying to extend their stay in the Philippines by regular renewals of tourist visas have been challenged on arrival by Philippine immigration officials. If you wish to stay long-term in the Philippines, make sure you do so in full accordance with Philippine immigration regulations.

Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC)

Holders of a Temporary Visitor Visa who have stayed in the Philippines for six months or more or holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards who are leaving the country temporarily must secure an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) at least 72 hours before leaving the country to avoid being denied departure. You should refer to the Bureau of Immigration website for instructions, and call +63 (02) 8465 2400 for advice if you can settle this at the airport before your departure.

All ACR I cardholders generally need to pay for the ECC upon departure. Those with approved visas but who are yet to receive their ACR I cards can show their receipt at the airport. Foreigners with approved visa applications which have not yet been is-sued can present their valid passport, DOJ endorsement or Certification from the approving office and receipt.

Travel Pass

From 1 March 2021, anyone holding a visa issued by the Department of Justice (DoJ), the Board of Investments (BoI), the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) and the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) must obtain a travel pass from the Department that issued their visa in order to leave the Philippines. Anyone holding an ECC issued by the Bureau of Immigration is exempt from this requirement.

Annual Returns for registered foreign nationals

All registered foreign nationals are required to report in person to the Bureau of Immigration and its office within the first sixty (60) days of every calendar year. Please visit the Bureau of Immigration for more details.

Evidence of onward travel

Entry to the Philippines may be refused if you’re unable to produce evidence of return or onward travel – for example an onward or return air ticket.

Departure tax

If you’re leaving the country from Cebu Mactan airport you must pay a departure tax of 850 pesos in local currency or the equivalent in US dollars. There’s no longer a departure tax at Manila airport. This information is subject to change and you should check with local authorities before you travel.

Visiting Boracay Island

If you’re planning to visit Boracay Island, you will need to have evidence of a confirmed booking with an accredited hotel. You should take local advice on documentation and port of entry to the island before you travel.

Living, working or studying in the Philippines

If you intend to live, work, or study in the Philippines you’ll need to have certain UK documents (eg birth certificates, marriage certificates, UK police certificates, school documents) legalised by the FCDO Legalisation Office. These documents do not need to be legalised or authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in London. Alternatively, the requesting local authority may wish to verify the Apostille certificate issued by the Legalisation Office at

Children travelling to the Philippines without their parents

Non-Filipino children under the age of 15, who are not travelling with a parent or joining a parent in the Philippines, must apply for a Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) for entry into the Philippines. You can do this at the Philippine Embassy in London or on arrival through the Bureau of Immigration. For either application, you will need to submit the right documentation and pay a fee. For more information and details of payment, visit the Department of Foreign Affairs’ website

If a minor under the age of 15 is travelling to visit a parent they should carry a copy of their parents’ resident visa.

Yellow fever certificate requirements

Check whether you need a yellow fever certificate by visiting the National Travel Health Network and Centre’s TravelHealthPro website.

UK Emergency Travel Documents

UK Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) are valid for entry, airside transit and exit from the Philippines. If you plan to use an ETD to enter Philippines, the ETD should be valid for 6 months from the date of arrival and have a valid Philippine visa. Check entry requirements with the nearest Philippine Embassy before you travel. If you apply for an ETD from the British Embassy in Manila, you should get the necessary stamps from the Bureau of Immigration and confirm your Philippine visa is up to date before attempting to leave the Philippines otherwise you’re likely to face problems at the point of departure.

Categories: Articles, Home

Leave a Reply